MCH208: Communication in the Workplace
This subject studies the theoretical and applied aspects of communication within organizations. Students should gain an overview on how organizations use communication skills they need to function effectively in organizations.
1. Understanding the concepts and theories of organizational communication
2. Apply the concepts presented
Students will be able to:
1. Apply communication theories to contemporary live case scenarios
2. Analyze how organizations communicate.
3. Formulate effective communication approaches to enhance organizations' productivity
Required Text Book:
Conrad & Poole. (2005), Strategic Organizational Communication in a Global Economy (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson-Wadsworth.
(10%) Presentation 1: Strategic Organization Communication
(10%) Presentation 2: Relational Strategies of Organising
(10%) Presentation 3: Relational Strategies of Organising
(20%) Presentation 4: Communication, Power & Politics in Organization
(40%) Final Exam